To obtain regular assignments in the field of copywriting with a special accent on content writing for the Internet. I have a thorough understanding of writing to keywords with respect to optimization for search engines, and my English is faultless. I have a 24/7/365 Internet connection and can start writing immediately. I have six of my own websites.
2006 – present Self-employed, Martindale, Eastern Cape, RSA Copywriter, proof reader, editor, webmaster
Writing copy for Internet websites, blogs and SEOs
Designing, organizing and opening new websites using WordPress, Joomla, Dreamweaver and other programs.
1990 – 2005 King David High School, Linksfield, RSA Senior Administrator & Network Supervisor
• Administration and coordination of all the school’s computers
• Administration of Windows NT Server 4.0 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 double Network (32 token ring and 18 ether net workstations) and of three other networks.
• Instructing teachers and students the various elements of Office 2000 and other programs
• Maintenance and Administration of School’s Databases
• Development of new Administration System in Access 2000
1987 – 1989 International Aeradio Abu Dhabi , UAE Air Traffic Controller
• Developed and administered database of all scheduled Middle East flights
1972 – 1987 Civil Aviation Rhodesia & South Africa Senior Air Traffic Controller
• Trained new staff to license status
• Lectured in all aspects of Air Traffic Control
• Devised exercises for and operated ATC Radar Simulator
• Tested candidates for Government Radio Licenses
1964 – 1972 Fleet Air Arm Royal Navy Air Warfare Instructor, Naval Observer
• Lectured in Navigation, Air Traffic Control procedures, basic electronics and radar.
• Specialized in Air Weapons and Air Warfare as a “Top Gun” Instructor Officer.
• Retired as Lieutenant after eight years’ service
Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth , UK
Graduate of Royal Naval Officers’ Course
Fleet Air Arm Observers’ Course
Royal Navy Instructors’ Course
Graduate of RN Air Warfare & Air Weapons Instructors’ Course
Polytechnic of North London
Computer Studies and Management Techniques Course
Novell Network Administrators’ Course
Microsoft Certified Windows NT Server 4.0 Administrator
Interests and activities
Writing, Acting, Theater, Ballet, Music, Art, Travel, Public Speaking.
English, French, a little German
Divorced and remarried – children all mature.
My wife, Liz, is an American citizen, I am British. We are in the process of selling our property in South Africa and relocating to North Carolina . My married daughter lives in New Hampshire . My daughter and grandchildren are American citizens. Please see my Contact page for contact details.
Download Resumé by clicking this link Resumé2013